The Center for Family Caregivers is dedicated to the support and well-being of the family caregiver.
The Center is located on the lower level of the west zone within the main hospital. Hours of operations are Monday – Friday, 9:30am to 3:30pm
Our Center features:
- A team of trained volunteer caregiver coaches who provide support and encouragement to the family caregiver
- A comfortable place to seek comfort and recharge
- Resources, referrals and support
- Computer and internet access available
Free Online Alzheimer’s webinars:
- CLICK HERE for online schedule.
Support Groups (THESE ARE CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)
- Alzheimer’s Association’s Caregiver Support Group held the second Tuesday of every month.
- Family Caregiver Support Group first Thursday of each month.
- How does the Center provide support to the family caregiver?
Our Center is here to help support you, the family caregiver
- Do you need help managing the challenges of caring for a loved one?
- Are you feeling stressed and alone?
- Do you need help finding resources in the community to help care for your loved one?
- Do you have questions and are not sure who to ask?…. We are here to help you!
- How was the Center Developed?
The Center for Family Caregivers at Shore Medical Center is a replicated center. It was created in consultation with representatives from the Ken Hamilton Caregivers Center, which was the first “in-hospital” center when it opened in 2007 at Northern Westchester Hospital in Mt. Kisco, NY. We at Shore Medical Center are very fortunate for the opportunity to establish our own center to support the family caregivers in our community.
- Family Caregiver Resources
Print out these handy tools to help manage your caregiving. These documents have been provided by Northern Westchester Hospital.
- Family Caregiver Online Resources
Recommended Web Sites for Caregivers
AARP Caregiving Community.
A Moderated online forum for family caregivers covering a wide range of topics.
Caregiver Action Network
Website of the nation's leading family caregiver organization, with links to caregiver resources, forum, and caregiver networking.
A well-organized online destination for those seeking support as they care for loved ones, with over 30 disease- or topic-specific support groups
Helps caregivers connect with their support community (of family, friends, neighbors) to coordinate every day help, share updates, receive words of encouragement.
- Interested in Becoming a Caregiver Coach?
Our caregiver coaches are caring, dedicated and empathetic volunteers who will provide support to the family caregiver. Extensive training is provided to caregiver coaches.
For more information please contact, 609-653-3969
Contact us at 609-653-3969 or via email at email@example.com.