Today, adults are maintaining an active lifestyle later in life than ever before. Over time major joints begin to break down causing pain and limiting one’s ability to do what they enjoy. At the Shore Advanced Spine and Orthopedic Institute, our goal is to decrease your pain and return you to the activities that are important to you.
- Why Choose Shore?
- Our Orthopedic Patient Flow Manager follows our patients from the time they are scheduled for surgery through discharge to home, providing education, ensuring communication, and acting as a patient advocate.
- Our surgeons. We are very fortunate to have some of the best joint replacement surgeons in the region right in our backyard.
- Our facility. A brand new state of the art surgical pavilion was recently opened. This helps ensure that our patients’ surgeries are conducted as safely and efficiently as possible.
- Our people. Our therapists, nurses, case managers, and other specialists work together to maintain our program. Building a program does not happen by accident and could not be realized without the dedication of our people.
- Our results. We strive to create a solid reputable patient experience and our results back this up. By combining clinical outcomes that beat the national average, such as infection rates and dislocations, with customer service and functional outcomes we ensure that our program is constantly striving to improve.
- Joint Commission’s Certification
A team based approach to care drives our success. With a staff of top class orthopedic surgeons and a multi-disciplinary hospital based team, our daily focus is on improving the experience and outcomes of our joint patients.
Shore has received the Joint Commission’s Disease Specific Certification for both Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement surgeries based upon this approach.
- Total Joint Replacement Education
Free educational sessions about total hip and knee replacement surgery are held on the first and third Monday of each month at 10am as well as the 2nd abd 4th Wednesday of each month at 5pm. Classes are held in the Shore Medical Center Surgical Pavilion Conference Room on the 2nd floor.
Anyone undergoing or considering hip or knee replacement, along with their caregivers and family members is encouraged to attend one of the sessions. These sessions will help you to better understand what to expect before, during and after surgery.
Call 609-653-4600 and press option 2 to register.
Joint Replacement Education Video
If you have a joint replacement surgery scheduled or are thinking about having a procedure done at Shore, watch our step-by-step guide for your surgical experience, from preadmission testing to rehabilitation.
Knee Surgery Testimonial
Lewis Cullen had his knee replaced at Shore Medical Center by Dr. Stephen Zabinski of Shore Orthopaedic University Associates. Watch the video below to hear from Dr. Zabinski about his care for Lewis, and how he was able to help Lewis get back to doing what he loves.