A Fresh Approach to a Healthier You
Outpatient nutrition counseling is available through Shore Medical Center. A registered dietitian will meet with you to review your medical history, evaluate eating and exercise habits, and set up individual, realistic goals to help make long-term lifestyle changes.
Individual counseling sessions are available for, but not limited to:
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Nutrition Support
- Diabetes/Gestational Diabetes
- Weight Management
- Digestive Disorders
- Overall Healthy Eating
- Kidney Disease
- Why Choose our Program?
Whether you're seeking nutrition counseling under your physician's recommendations or on your own, our team can help you! Shore Medical Center’s registered dietitian nutritionists are credentialed food and nutrition experts who translate the science of nutrition into real-world solutions for healthy living. Our highly skilled team is specifically trained and qualified to provide evidence-based nutrition counseling that is safe and effective.
- How the Program Works
Plan to arrive 15 minutes before your appointment to check in and complete paperwork. At your first appointment, the registered dietitian will review your nutrition history with you and help you set realistic goals to make lifestyle changes. At the end of your first appointment, you will be able to schedule a follow-up appointment. During a follow-up appointment, you and the dietitian will discuss your progress and evaluate how to continue to achieve your goals. You can schedule as many as appointments you need to achieve your goals.
We accept most insurance plans as well as out-of-pocket payments. A physician referral is required by most insurance plans for coverage.
Out-of-pocket fees are as follows:
- Initial visit: $175, with a 20% discount if paid for at time of service ($140)
- 45-minute visit: $115, with a 20% discount if paid for at time of service ($92)
- 30-minute visit: $90, with a 20% discount if paid for at time of service ($72)
Bundle option (best value):
- Three 60-minute appointments for $350 (full amount must be paid in full at first appointment)
To schedule an outpatient nutrition appointment, please call
609-653-4600, option 5.
Fax referrals, lab work, & other medical history to 609-926-4656.
- Nutrition Tips, News & Recipes
Proper nutrition and a balanced diet is a vital component to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. It is important for you to stay on top of the latest trends and information available so that you can make the choices that best suit your needs. Shore Medical Center has partnered with the nutritional experts at Unidine to provide you with articles, recommendations, and tips you need to sift through the clutter and become educated on the latest findings.
- Is a Gluten-Free Diet Right for You?
- Top 5 Myths about Diabetes and Diet
- 7 Reasons You Should Visit a Dietitian
- The Way to a Healthy Heart? Through Your Stomach!
- Nutrition Trends: Cauliflower, Probiotics, Pulses….What’s Next for 2017?
- Nine Hints for Healthy Holiday Eating
- Fall into the Season with Fresh Produce
- Prebiotics, Probiotics, and the Gut Microbiome: the World of Good Bacteria
- Are Eggs OK Again?
- The New Food Label: What’s Changed and How to Use it to Your Advantage
- Tips for a Healthy Memorial Day Weekend
Our Latest Recipes: (Provided by Unidine)