The day of your surgery:
- Remove all jewelry and body piercings. Leave all valuables at home.
- Bring your insurance cards, co-pays and your driver's license or another valid form of identification.
- Arrive at the hospital at your predetermined time. Stop by the lobby desk where you will be escorted to the surgical area.
- You will be asked to leave your family for a brief period while the registrar and nurse review your personal health information.
- Once registered, you will be escorted to a room in which to change.
- Your family may stay with you until you are taken to the operating room.
- During your surgery, your family will wait for the doctor in the waiting room where our volunteers will keep them informed and comfortable
- Once in the recovery room, the nurses will monitor your vital signs, give you pain medications as needed to keep you comfortable and review your instructions before discharge to home.
When returning home:
- Once you have had something to drink and are dressed for home, you will be escorted by wheelchair to your ride.
- Please be sure to make arrangements to have someone at home to stay with you overnight.
- If you have any post-surgery questions, please contact your doctor.