This is a scheduled meeting and information session during which you will schedule your first Tobacco Treatment appointment
Your First appointment
When you arrive for your first appointment, you will meet with a rained Tobacco Treatment Specialist. This meeting will include a full discussion on your tobacco use and your reasons for wanting to change.
Treatment includes -
- Initial assessment
- Identification of triggers
- Behavior Modification Strategies
- Developing a Plan
- Selecting a Quit Date
- Stress Management and Relaxation Techniques
- Information and Referral
- On average, people who quit, regardless of age, live onger than people who continue to use tobacco.
- Smokers who quit before the age of 50 have half the risk of dying of smoking related illnesses in the next 15 years compared with those who continue to smoke.
- Quitting smoking significantly reduces your risk of heart disease and emphysema and cancers of the lung, larynx (voice box), pharynx, esophagus, mouth, pancreas, bladder, and cervix. Quitting also positively impacts bone and wound healing.
- After 15 years, a former smoker's risk of death returns to nearly the level of a person who has never smoked.
- Tobacco users receiving tobacco treatment counseling are more than four times as likely to succeed in stopping tobacco use.
- Tobacco use is affecting many New Jersey residents. According to the CDC, more than 11,200 adults aged 35 and over die as a result of tobacco use each year. These deaths are preventable, but only if people can stop using tobacco. Sound simple? It is not.
- More than 480,000 Americans die each year from smoking-related illnesses - more than AIDS, alcohol/drug abuse, fires, car accidents, suicides and homicides combined.
- Inhaled tobacco smoke contains more than 7,000 chemicals, including carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, arsenic and lead.
- Nicotine is a powerful drug found in all tobacco products. It is a highly addictive drug like cocaine and herion.
- The average smoker spends more than $14,000 cigarettes in 5 years.
- Let us help you join others who have switched to a tobacco-free lifestyle!
If you would like to know more about our Treatment Program please call us for your free information and application packet at 609-653-3440.