Desk technicians Joe Mooney and Jay Alicea
Technology plays a big role in the way we are able to treat and care for patients at Shore Medical Center. While our Information Technologies team does not have direct responsibilities in patient care, they have been an integral part of how we are caring for patients during the pandemic. Their hard work and dedication to our mission of makes each member of our IT team a shorehealthcare hero.
“Technology’s impact on healhtcare is incredible, and it touches almost every aspect of what we do as an organization, “ said Fred Banner, Chief Information Officer for Shore Medical Center. “Many members of our team are at home working remotely while our manager Jeremy Albergo, supervisor Sue Toth, and Service Desk technicians Edwin Faber, Jay Alicea, and Joe Mooney are onsite holding down the fort. They are doing tremendous work and we are all very proud of what the team has accomplished in a relatively short amount of time.”
The Service Desk are a vital part of the Shore’s operations, solving a multitude of issues throughout the organization, and often at a moment’s notice. The Clinical Informatics/Cerner Team departments have been working behind the scenes every day to ensure the clinical systems run smoothly and that our caregivers have what they need to battle this virus. They have provided support to every department, both clinical and non-clinical in nature, including:
- Reports for leadership to track utilization of negative pressure rooms as well as reporting on Discharged Covid-19 patients.
- Reports for Pharmacy to know positive test results to track med dispensing.
- Partnering with Kathy Thompson, Shore’s Director of Laboratory, to implement and modify the Cerner Corp provided White House Coronavirus Task Force - COVID-19 Data report.
- Implemented recommended Covid-19 discharge instructions for both ED and Inpatients so our providers can guide our patients through this illness.
- Partnering with Dr. Anthony Chiccarine, they created an Emergency Department Covid-19 PowerPlan (standard of care) to assist the ED providers in treatment of our emergency room patients. Multiple team members participated on the team led by Jen Pero, Nurse Manager Pre-Admission Testing, PreOp, PACU, Endo, CC Lab, IR, to modify the Cerner system and other SMC systems to create a SURGE Unit if the need arises.
- Worked with Human Resources to make necessary user position and staff changes within the system to accommodate the necessary changes.
“The department has not missed a beat, even with the challenges of working remotely, said Jeremy Albergo, Business Delivery Manager, Information Technologies. “Even though we are not front line care givers our contributions are evident every day.”
Jeremy added, “When this is over we look forward to when we can come together as a team, face to face, and continue to support our clinicians, providers, leadership, ancillary staff and each other and hopefully enjoy a nice team meal together.”
- Manager – Jeremy Albergo PMP
- Supervisor – Susan Lee Toth RN BSN
- Clinical Informatics- Ellen Mays RN, Sara Hartman RNC BSN, Stephanie Kramer MSN, RN
- Cerner Team – Karen West RT(R)(CV)(M)CPC , John Stafford, Alyson Gallion, Cristina Danko