The mission of the Shore Medical Center Planned Giving & Development is to provide philanthropic support for Shore Medical Center in order to preserve and enhance the current and future health care needs of our entire community.
Planned Giving & Development supports the important daily work of our physicians, nurses and staff by providing funding for a variety of patient care services and major capital projects affiliated with Shore Medical Center.
To fulfill our mission, Planned Giving & Development creates and implements dynamic philanthropic programs that inspire community philanthropy. From small cash donations to long-term planned giving and estate bequests, philanthropic efforts have supported a host of new programs and improvements at Shore Medical Center.
Through the Lightkeeper’s Society, Stainton Society and Stainton Associates, as well as the generous support of our employees, major gift and DiOrio Society, the region’s best and brightest philanthropic leaders have an avenue through which to show their support of Shore Medical Center’s Mission, Vision and Values.
In addition, Planned Giving & Development supports the exceptional efforts of the Auxiliary of Shore Medical Center, whose members work tirelessly to fund major projects at the Medical Center.
Thanks to people like you, millions of dollars have been invested in new treatment and prevention services that benefit the region, today and tomorrow. The Shore Medical Center Planned Giving & Development is a DBA of Shore Memorial Hospital Foundation, a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization.
- Shore Memorial Hospital founded by community leaders. The Auxiliary, the original fundraising arm of the Hospital, is established.
- Stainton Society founded to provide philanthropic support for hospital’s capital needs & modernization programs
- Helped fund the new Shore Memorial Hospital Emergency Room
- Kicked off the Millennium Campaign, which helped fund the new Shore Memorial Hospital Critical Care program
- Initiated the Legacy Campaign, raising more than $14 million dollars from the community for the new Cancer Center & Cardiovascular Institute at Shore Medical Center
- Established the Guardian Angel Program, which provides grateful patients and family members with a unique opportunity to support Shore Medical Center with a monetary gift, while paying tribute to their special caregiver.
- Established the Lightkeeper’s Society, a special donor recognition program that honors the outstanding commitment of donors who give $5,000 or more annually in support of Shore Medical Center
- SHORE TOMORROW Campaign, raising $20 million for the new Ben and Flora Baker Surgical Pavilion and Campus Expansion project
- Renamed the hospital “Shore Medical Center”
- Stainton Associates established specifically for the future philanthropic leaders at Shore Medical Center
- Dedicated the Emergency Department as the James Klinghoffer Emergency Pavilion
- Renamed the new, state-of-the-art Pediatric Unit the Harry and Edith Klinghoffer Pediatric Care Center