- Departments & Services
- Patients & Visitors
- Centers of Excellence
Most people think of diagnostic imaging as commodity healthcare services – and nothing could be further from the truth. Making sure your provider has the most advanced medical technology and board certified, fellowship-trained radiologists to interpret your results ensures safe testing, fast and accurate reporting and the best in patient-centered care.
Shore Medical Center – through its partnership with Advanced Radiology Solutions (ARS) – is the region’s leader in diagnostic imaging, with many of the most advanced inpatient and outpatient testing available only at Shore. The ARS team includes 25 fellowship-trained, board certified radiologists who cover the broad spectrum of diagnostic imaging. The Shore Cancer Center utilizes a variety of these services and sub-specialties, including nuclear medicine, ultrasound, angiography, digital radiology, mammography, CT and MRI.
Based on the needs of the individual patient the following biopsies may be performed.
- Breast biopsy
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
- Ultrasound-guided needle biopsy
- CT-guided needle biopsy
Nuclear medicine offers examinations for detection and staging of cancer, including sentinel node biopsies, which are performed for breast cancer and melanoma. The Clinical Laboratory at Shore Medical Center is accredited by the College of American Pathologists and the American Association of Blood Banks.
A full range of services are provided.
- Tissue biopsies and body fluids are tested in our lab for maximum control and quick turnaround.
- The region's only flow cytometer is available to accurately identify cancer cells and assess the degree of malignancy.
- In addition to on-site services, outpatient laboratory services are also available at convenient sites in the community.