- Departments & Services
- Patients & Visitors
- Centers of Excellence
Visiting Hours & Guidelines
Shore’s Spirit of Shore culture embraces patient and family centered care by meeting the needs of the patient’s medical condition, comfort, safety and privacy. Since patient directed visitation provides options that work best for patients and their family members (which includes same sex, civil union or domestic partners), visitors may be welcomed 24 hours a day with guidance from the patient's physician or nurse.
We consider the visitor an honored guest, second only to our patients. While we have a flexible visiting policy at Shore Medical Center, based on the preference and condition of our patients, we do request that all visitors be aware of the welfare of others as it relates to their conduct in the hospital. With that in mind, we ask that you please review the visitor guidelines listed below.
Call 609-653-3411 for any changes or updates to our visiting policy.
- Visiting passes must be obtained from the information desk in the lobby.
- No more than four visitors may visit at a time.
- Conversation should be in low tones to avoid disturbing other patients.
- Proper dress is required. Bare feet, bathing suits or immodest clothing is not permitted.
- To protect the health of our patients, visitors and staff, use of tobacco is not permitted in any area of the hospital.
- To prevent a possible choking hazard to children, latex balloons are not permitted in the Pediatric Care Center. Mylar balloons are permitted in pediatrics and latex balloons may be sent to patients in other units.
- Flowers and balloons are not permitted in ICU, Telemetry and in some patient rooms in other units. If there is a question, please call 609-653-3411 before sending such gifts.