Shore Medical Center is your hospital. It could not exist without the generous support of countless volunteers and community-spirited people who selflessly give their time and energy, as well as their financial support. Your active support is critical to maintain Shore’s position as a leading-edge hospital.
Shore needs qualified and committed volunteers throughout the course of the year to help fulfill our mission to serve our local community. We welcome all qualified volunteers to apply but please note, that we cannot guarantee the acceptance of all applications.
CLICK HERE to download our volunteer application.
CLICK HERE to download our junior volunteer application
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Information Desk - greet all patients and visitors who enter the medical center. Provide a positive first impression and experience.
- Patient Navigators - Navigating through the hospital to find a destination can be challenging. That's where Shore's Patient Navigators come in. Much like the global positioning device that helps people get from point A to point B in a vehicle, Patient Navigator volunteers help patients and visitors find their destination in the hospital – but with a personalized touch. Shore's volunteers escort guests from the information desk directly to their location, and back again if desired. Along the way, they may provide comfort and conversation, helping to calm nerves and make a visit less stressful.
- Patient and Family Liaisons - On the first day a patient is admitted to Shore Medical Center, a Patient and Family Liaison volunteer will visit them to share nonclinical information and to address any questions or concerns.
- Operating Room Liaisons - When patients come to Shore for a surgery, they are often accompanied by family or friends who wait in the surgical reception area for updates. OR liaison volunteers are there to check on the status of surgical patients and update the waiting individuals on the status of their surgery.
- Thrift/Gift Shop Volunteers - Volunteering at one of The Auxiliary of Shore Medical Center thrift shops, located in Somers Point and Marmora, or the hospital Gift Shop are more great ways to make an impact on patient care.
- Junior Volunteer Program
The Medical Explorers is open to all high school students14-18 years of age who may be interested in pursuing careers in medicine or learning about opportunities in the medical field. LEARN MORE >