Shore's Prostate Care Center program is a comprehensive program that includes Board Certified urologists, medical and radiation oncologists who are specially trained in the care and treatment of prostate disease. This program is led by Urologist Dr. Michael Schutz of Shore Physician's Group. Dr Schutz is fellowship trained in Urologic Oncology.
- Dr. Michael Schutz Bio
Michael J. Schutz M.D., Urology
Dr. Michael J. Schutz is a practicing physician with the Jersey Urology Group, treating patients at Shore Medical Center in Somers Point, New Jersey.
Primary Practice Location
403 Bethel Road
Somers Point, NJ
American Board of Urology
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Urologic Oncology.
- Surgical Resident, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
- Urology Resident, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
M.D., University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
B.A., Biology, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey.
- Professional Organizations and Societies
- American College of Surgeons
- American Urologic Association
- American Men’s Health Society founding member
- Institute for Men’s Health
- Chief, Section of Genitourinary Oncology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
- Director of Education, Dept. of Urology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
- Director of Medical Student Surgical Subspecialties course, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
- Assistant Professor of Urology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
- Instructor of Urology, University of Colorado Health Center
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy Certification
- Laparoscopic Surgery and Lymphadenectomy Certification
- Our Prostate Care Program
Our patient-centered prostate care program provides those who are at risk of, or have been diagnosed with prostate cancer, a personalized program based on the patient's individual needs. There are various levels of prostate cancer, some are slow growing and require close monitoring. Other types are more aggressive and require radiation, surgery, hormone therapy or chemotherapy. The treatment plan that is right for each patient is dependent on many factors including age, overall health, how fast the cancer is growing, and whether it has spread outside the prostate gland.
All men are at risk for prostate problems, although conditions vary by age and other factors. It is important to be aware of the risks and educated about treatment options.
Furthermore, it is critical that all men receive annual prostate screenings over the age of 50. Screening should begin earlier, at age 40, in those who have a higher risk of prostate cancer, such as African-American men or those with a family history of prostate cancer.
- Location & Contact Information
Shore's Prostate Care Center is located in the Cancer Center at Shore Medical Center which is a member of the Penn Cancer Network.
For more information on Shore's Prostate Care Center, contact: Kimberly Kaczmarski, MBA, ROCC at 609-653-3896.