Once you have been discharged, the hospital’s charges for services will be stated on a uniform bill. This bill pertains to the cost of services and supplies rendered during your stay, but does not include the professional services provided by private or hospital-based physicians.
Your physician and other physicians who participated in your care (directly or indirectly) will bill you separately for their services. Many insurance carriers require patients to pre-certify inpatient hospital stays, emergency admissions, surgeries and certain radiology imaging procedures. Pre-certification is the patient's responsibility.
Accepted Insurance Carriers
- AETNA- All HMO, Medicare HMO, Indemnity, PPO, EP and POS product lines
- AMERIHEALTH- All HMO, Medicare HMO, PPO and Indemnity product lines
- ATLANTICARE- PPO product line BEECH STREET/ MEDICHOICE- PPO product lines
- CIGNA -HMO and PPO product lines
- FIRST HEALTH- PPO product lines
- FIRST MANAGED CARE OPTION- PPO product lines
- HEALTH CARE PAYERS COALITION OF NJ- PPO product lines
- HEALTHNET- (formerly known as PHS-Physicians Health Services) Traditional HMO product line
- HORIZON BLUE CROSS- All HMO, Medicare HMO, PPO, Indemnity, No Fault and Worker’s Comp product lines
- INDEPENDENCE BLUE CROSS (IBC)- PPO product
- MANAGED CARE INC.- PPO product
- MEDICAID- Traditional plan
- MEDICAID- Managed care HMO, Healthnet, University Health Plan, Amerigroup/ Americaid and horizon NJ Health. If you are a participant in any other Medicaid HMO product contact your member services department regarding coverage of services rendered at Shore Memorial Hospital.
- MEDICARE- Traditional Plan
- MULTIPLAN- PPO product
- OXFORD- HMO product line
- PHP OF NJ (Physician Health Plan)- PPO product
- PHC (Principal Health Care) Delaware- HMO and PPO product lines
- QUALCARE- HMO product line SIMCARE/ MEDIPLEX- PPO product
- UNITED HEALTHCARE- PPO and Indemnity product lines
These networks are identified on your insurance cards by their logo.
- COMMUNITY CARE NETWORK
- CONSUMER HEALTH NETWORK
- DEVON HEALTH SERVICES INC.
- INTERGROUP PHCS ( PRIVATE HEALTHCARE SYSTEMS)
- PREMIER PREFERRED CARE
Please keep in mind that regardless of the type of insurance plan you have, you must comply with your carrier’s requirements.
While Shore Medical Center may be considered a participating provider (PAR) with your insurance carrier, it is possible that your physician is not a participant in your plan. Please make sure to call your insurance carrier to confirm whether a particular provider is a participant in your plan. This also applies to any service provided by an anesthesiologist, cardiologist, pathologist or radiologist.