The Cancer Program at Shore Medical Center is a strategically planned, coordinated multi-disciplinary effort. For each cancer case, the team brings together the best possible resources in diagnosis, treatment and follow-up to create a customized plan of treatment.
Shore Medical Center is committed to offering cancer care services on par with large metropolitan hospitals. That commitment includes investment in the most advanced technology and expert providers in the fight against cancer. Beyond clinical excellence, our medical staff and the entire cancer care team are passionate about providing treatment in an environment that is caring, respectful, and compassionate.
Inpatient and outpatient care
Shore Medical Center’s inpatient oncology unit and outpatient ambulatory hematology/oncology unit offer services to meet the unique and complex needs of patients with cancer including:
- Nurses specially trained in cancer management
- Symptom management, including pain management, infection control and minimizing the side effects of therapy
- Blood product administration
- Care and management of intravenous treatment devices
- Nutritional counseling
- Patient counseling and spiritual support
- Discharge planning, including referrals to other community services and agencies as needed