The Shore Medical Center Planned Giving & Development is committed to preserving and enhancing the current and future healthcare needs of our community by providing philanthropic support for Shore Medical Center, its employees and physicians.
The philanthropic spirit of the community has helped Shore attract leading physicians and acquire the advanced technology needed to help Shore expand its campus and ambulatory footprint, while remaining on the cutting edge of healthcare diagnosis, education and prevention. From small cash donations through our annual giving programs to long-termed planned giving and estate bequests, there are a number of ways that you can join us in our efforts to provide quality healthcare to those in need.
- About - Learn more about Shore Medical Center Planned Giving & Development and meet our dedicated Board and Staff Members.
- Why Your Gift Matters - Read about our Strategic Priorities and what your gift can do to assist us in providing quality healthcare for the community.
- Ways to Give - Learn about our various Annual Giving programs and other options for making a donation to Shore.
- Get Involved - In addition to donations, there are a number of ways to get involved in supporting Shore through event participation or one of our many volunteer opportunities.
- $100,000 Campaign for Exceptional Births - Learn about how your donation can help new mothers and their babies
- A Cause to Celebrate - Shore's annual gala has raised more than $1.5 million over the past three years. Click here for the impact you can make on cancer care in our community.
Shore Connections Donor Newsletter
Your gifts to Shore Medical Center create a ripple throughout our hospital that reaches from corner to corner and patient to patient. To help share just some of the ways your gifts make a difference at Shore, we've developed a newsletter for our donors, Shore Connections. We send this out twice a year, but we also make it available right here on our website.
You’ll notice on the newsletter cover there are three linked starfish. They represent the three most important elements of our work: the medical center team, our generous donors, and the patients and families we are able to help together. The starfish also call to mind the adaptation of Loren Eiseley’s essay, The Star Thrower. In it, the narrator encounters a young man on a beach tossing washed-up starfish into the ocean and asks why he’s doing this. The young man replies, “If I don’t throw them in, they’ll die.” The narrator is baffled by the man’s seemingly fruitless efforts. “But there are starfish all along every mile. You can’t possibly make a difference!” The young man tosses another starfish into the water and says, “It made a difference to that one.” This message speaks volumes about the impact of your gifts, no matter the size.
Thank you for joining all of us at Shore Medical Center on this journey as we work together to make a difference in the lives of our friends, family and neighbors who need our help most. We hope you enjoy reading Shore Connections.
- Shore Connections: Fall/Winter 2017
- Shore Connections: Spring/Summer 2017
- Shore Connections: Spring 2018