Shore Medical Center has adopted a No-Visitor Policy in accordance with the New Jersey Hospital Association and other NJ hospitals.
These visitor restrictions include:
- No hospital visitors will be allowed until further notice.
Limited exceptions include:
- Patients in hospice or end-of-life care
- One visitor/support person for maternity patients
- One visitor/support person for pediatric patients
- One visitor/support person for an individual undergoing same-day surgery or an ambulatory procedure.
- Visitors who meet these exceptions will be screened for symptoms before being allowed to visit.
These visitor restrictions will remain in place until further notice.
- Our Mission
Our mission is to provide patient-centered care. The welfare and safety of patients and visitors are of paramount concern, therefore and we support and encourage a healthy environment and lifestyle. Towards that end, the Shore Medical Center campus is tobacco-free. Use of tobacco is not permitted in the facility, parking areas or adjoining spaces. We respect our patients' right to privacy, confidentiality and to fully understand the details of their condition and treatment options. Shore Medical Center has staff translators and a language translation phone service to ease communication for those who do not speak English. This will help insure that all patients and their families understand important healthcare information.
Shore Medical Center complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity and/ or expression.
- Notice of Nondiscrimination
Click here to view the Notice of Nondiscrimination
- Patient Guide: Key Information for Your Stay
- Managing Post-Operative Pain
Click here to view an educational resource to help you or your loved one manage their post-operative pain.
- Managing After Surgery
Click here to view an educational resource to help you or your loved one manage their nausea after surgery.
- Educational Resources for Patients
- Patient & Visitor Quick Links