In addition for caring for patients at the hospital, Shore Medical Center offers a variety of resources and programs to ensure that you stay well and do not have to be seen for medical care. From our new Center for Family Caregivers and Outpatient Nutrition counseling to our monthly senior socials, Shore's Wellness initiatives are put in place for the betterment of the community.
Shore regularly offers a variety of on site screenings and educational opportunities for all ages. Plus, each month, Shore issues a FREE digital magazine called "Shore Healthy Living," in which the experts from Shore and the surrounding community provide insight into the latest trending topics in health care.
Shore's Wellness program continues to evolve and expand, so be sure to return to this section for updates, additions, and much more!
Click below for information on the following topics.
- Fitness Tips
It is no secret that incorporating an exercise program into your daily routing is beneficial to your physical and mental well being. Shore Medical Center has partnered with Greate Bay Racquet & Fitness of Somers Point, NJ to provide suggestions and information that will help you reach your fitness goals. Whether you are a weekend warrior looking for new routines, a busy parent on-the-go, or a couch potato looking to get started, the professionals at Greate Bay Raquet & Fitness are here to help.
- Tread Lightly!
- Spin it to Win it!
- Tabata is a H.I.I.T.!
- Welcome to the Machine(s)
- Plankers Away!
- Why Pushups? Why not!
- Get to the Core of it All
- Squats: The King of All Exercises!
- The Mighty Burpee
- Might As Well Jump
- Don’t Do This at the Gym!
- Short on Time? Want to Stay Healthy? Try Tabata!
- Seven Tips for Fitting in Fitness
- Trending Medical News
Shore Medical Center's commitment to the community includes providing insight into the latest topics that can affect you and your family. The links below feature guest articles and commentary from a variety of experts at Shore. New articles are posted each month, so be sure to visit this page to stay up-to-date on the newest trends in health care. If you have a suggestion for a topic, please email email@example.com and we will consider including in future pieces.
- Could You Have Osteoporosis?
- The Little Box that Could Save Your Baby's Life
- Tick-Borne Illnesses: Six Things You Need to Know
- Six Secrets to Better Sleep
- Can Staying Socially Active Help in the Fight Against Dementia?
- Superbugs: Five Things You Need to Know
- New Year, New You: Four Tips for Success in 2017
- Why My Don't My Headaches Go Away with OTC Medications?
- Why Dry Indoor Air is Your Invisible Enemy
- 5 Ways Sleep Apnea Can Harm Your Health
- New report: How much time should children spend with digital media?
- 5 Ways Your Family Can Cope with Bullying
- Speaker's Bureau
The Speakers Bureau is available to promote awareness and quality of life for all members of the community.
Please see the list of topics we provide and complete an organization form to schedule a speaker for your next upcoming event.
- Diabetes Type 1
- Hospice Care
- Healthcare Leadership
- Community Benefit
- Oncology /Cancer
- Cholesterol/Blood Pressure
- Cardiopulmonary Rehab
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Vascular Health Screening
- Heart Failure
- Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Physical Therapy & Rehab Services
- Respiratory Care
- Human Resources
- Medical Ethics
- Balance/Dizziness/Vertigo Disorders
- Sleeping Disorders
- Pharmacy /Medications
- Healthcare Billing
- Accessing Charity Care
- Healthcare Information Technology
- Importance of keeping a Current up-to-date Medication List
- Alternative Medicine
- Palliative Care
- Kidney Disease
For more information, please call 609-653-3671.
- Wellness Events
Wellness to Well Being
Shore Medical Center is pleased to present Wellness to Well Being, a free monthly event that features a speaker or demonstration by clinical experts from Shore Medical Center, local business leaders, and community partners to help enhance mind, body and spirit. The free event is scheduled for the third Wednesday of each month.
Each month the event features a speaker or demonstration along with playing games for Wawa gift cards, free coffee, tea and snacks. Parking tickets will be validated at the front desk.
- Click Here for dates and details.
- Center for Family Caregivers
- Click here for information about our Center for Family Caregivers.
- Community Needs Assessment
- For information regarding our Community Needs Assessment, Click here.